The Kansas City Indian Center (Heart of America Indian Center), a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, has been serving the Kansas City’s American Indian population since 1971.
Today we remain dedicated to the following goals:
- provide health, welfare and cultural services to American Indian individuals and families of our community;
- promote fellowship among the American Indian people of all tribes living in the Kansas City Area;
- stimulate the natural integration of the American Indian into the community;
- encourage artistic and vocational pursuits by American Indian people; and
- preserve and foster traditional American Indian cultural values.